Areas of expertise
IP practice areas : patent prosecution and litigation
- Patent application drafting, follow-up of the patent prosecution phases in France, Europe and abroad (responses to Office notifications, oppositions, divisional applications etc.)
- Prior art search, patentability study, patent watches.
- Legal consultations (freedom of operation, validity of the patent).
- Patent portfolio audit and IP valuation.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts.
- Patent litigation in France and Europe
- Industrial Property Attorney mention patents
- European representative approved by the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Arbitration (CMAP)
- A graduate of Center for International Studies of Intellectual Property Centre d'Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (CEIPI)
- Doctor in mechanics and materials
- Ability to direct research
- Engineer of Ecole Centrale Nantes
Jean-Christophe is a French and European patent attorney, also graduated in TM and design from CEIPI, and in Arbitration. He holds an Engineer Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Ecole Centrale. He also holds a Phd and Habilitation (Dr. Habil.) in Mechanics and Materials.
He has been working as a research manager for the University and for private companies in the fields of materials processing, production engineering and automation.
Jean-Christophe discovered IP as an inventor at an early stage of his career, and also practiced as an in house patent attorney in a major French company where he was mainly in charge of IP matter with subcontractors and risk sharing partners.
Jean-Christophe’s majors are physics, material processing and IT, patent drafting, patent prosecution and litigation, as well as portfolio valuation and strategic counselling